The beloved The Golden Girls is coming to Logo (our parent company) starting on Saturday, with a “Hot Flashback Weekend”, and below you can see a compilation they’ve put together of some of the gayest moments of the series, including scenes with Blanche‘s gay brother Clayton. Take a look.
So here’s the question: What is your favorite Golden Girls moment or episode? It’s a daunting question, I know, and one I expect most people will deliberate and agonize over. I’ll get the ball rolling with my top five episodes. Are any of these your favorites?
5. It’s A Miserable Life – When the girls run afoul of battleax neighbor Frida Claxton, Rose tells her to “drop dead,” … which she does. The girls spring for the funeral, but are dejected when no one shows up. But then something … remarkable happens.
4. Yes, We Have No Havanas – When Blanche and Sophia start dating the same man, the claws come out.
3. Bringing Up Baby – Rose gets custody of her uncle’s baby, who isn’t quite what everyone expected.
2. Second Motherhood – Blanche starts dating a wealthy man with two small children, while Rose and Dorothy decide to install a toilet by themselves.
1. Long Day’s Journey into Marinara – The second appearance by Nancy Walker as Sophia’s sister also marked the debut of Count Bessie, the Showbiz Chicken, whose triumph here would lead to tragedy later in the episode.