With only two weeks left during Gay Pride Month, it’s time to really let your LGBT show. But for those who tire of just waving a rainbow flag, there are many other ways to show your pride this season. With a little help from the gay pop culture zeitgeist, you could proudly proclaim “I’m here, I’m queer, it’s pretty clear I’m a top-tier cable subscriber.” What? Like you don’t watch TV.
Top 10 Pop Culture Ways to Show Your Pride:
1. Wear a “Lebanese” T-shirt, like Naya Rivera.
3. Find a motorcycle and attach a Lady Gaga head (replica, people, replica) to the front à la “Born This Way.” In fact, if I don’t see at least one Chopper adorned this way during the Dykes on Bikes part of the parade I will be sorely disappointed.
4. Somehow get cast on True Blood. That show is super gay.
5. Alternately, get turned into a vampire. Vampires are super, super gay.
6. Glitter bomb at an anti-gay Republican presidential candidate. Everyone is doing it.
7. Ride around with your girlfriend on an orange scooter through the center of town laughing and kissing and sharing a cigarette. No, wait, don’t smoke — it’ll kill you. But definitely be each other’s pajamas.
8. Become embroiled in a prolonged murder mystery where your best friends become suspects and you lose one girlfriend to juvie camp and another one to — wait, I’m not sure where Paige went.
9. Get pregnant by your best friend, reunite with your girlfriend, get into a life-threatening auto accident, have a baby, and then get married. Or, if you’re pressed for time, just get married.
10. Call a New York senator and tell him/her to support marriage equality so your Empire State friends can get hitched legally.
Well, there you have it. Just a few fun suggestions on how to show your true colors. How will be showing your support this month? Happy pride, all.