6. She Was Squicked By Het Smut, To Be Honest
Femslash was a probably more her speed.
7. Yao Said So
Harvey Fierstein, who voiced the gruff but lovabla Yao, once said, “Well, I always looked at Mulan as a movie about a lesbian coming out.” So did we, Harvey. So did we.
8. Her Best Friends Were Genderqueer
She subconsciously sought out people who embraced otherness.
9. The Emily Fields/Camille Wray Connection
Ming-Na was Mulan’s speaking voice, Ming-Na played lesbian Camille Wray on Stargate Universe. Lea Salonga was Mulan’s singing voice, Lea Salonga is Shay Mitchell’s cousin, Shay Mitchell plays super lesbian Emily Fields on Pretty Little Liars. Six degrees of homosexual separation, what?
10. “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.”
According to the Emperor of China, It Gets Better.
11. She Brought Home a Sword Instead of a Boyfriend
Because you can go on an adventure to find a guy, or you can go on an adventure because adventures are awesome!
How did you know Mulan was a lesbian?