Today TV Guide has unveiled its Top 30 Cult Shows Ever in one of the barest, most minimal lists to be seen on the internet lately. There’s just a list! No pictures, no clicking through to count down to No. 1, only a lone photo of Skeet Ulrich as Jake Green in the improbably renewed Jericho. Don’t worry: I’m here to pretty up the list for you — and to make it more lesbolicious as well. Here are the dykey highlights from the list:
25. Firefly — Joss Whedon‘s short-lived TV series featured bisexual courtesan Inara Serra (Morena Baccarin) in addition to the awesome Gina Torres as the ass-kicking Zoe Washburne and Summer Glau as the mysterious and slightly spooky River Tam.
21. Freaks and Geeks — I just loved this show! Still so sad that it didn’t make it on the air.
18. Veronica Mars — I admit it: I tried to get into this show, but despite a valiant attempt at watching it, I never dug it. Sue me! Nonetheless, I do agree it should be on this list.
14. Battlestar Galactica — Yes, they’re talking about the new one, the one with Grace Park and Katee Sackhoff and Tricia Helfer and Mary McDonnell and Lucy Lawless. Damn, I love this show.
11. Jericho — I actually really like this show; sure, it’s cheesy in parts, but it’s got that whole post-apocalyptic nuclear winter thing that I, for some odd reason, find fascinating. Plus, it has Ashley Scott in it:
Look familiar to you? You may remember her from Birds of Prey, when she was a brunette:
2. The X-Files — The enigmatic Dr. Scully is always a good shot and easily defies physics by running so well in high heels.
1. Star Trek — The original series, not the later versions with lesbiany stuff. But when Star Trek finally did get dykey, boy did they go for it.
So what did TV Guide leave out? (Personally, I vote for Birds of Prey, but maybe nobody watched that besides me.)