Diet Coke to perk myself up after flying home cross-country to shoot this vlog: $1.89. Chinese take-out ordered in so I could eat before I fainted from not eating all day: $23.45. A Shot at Love With Tila Tequila as a video blog subject: Priceless.
Yes, the day I have been waiting for finally arrived last Tuesday night, when MySpace video vixen Tila Tequila debuted her bisexual dating show on MTV. My Lo-Down co-host, Sarah Pecora, and I had so much to say about it that I was forced to edit down 50 minutes of video to the 16 or so you’ll see below. What exactly inspired us?
Well, first of all, we both were pleasantly surprised by Tila herself. The men and women she had vying for her attention may have been varying degrees of unappealing (OK, except for Dani — who can resist a cute firefighter?), but Tila was unexpectedly down to earth, her hoochie stripper-esque outfits notwithstanding (not that there’s anything wrong with that).
But don’t worry: We weren’t blinded by Tila’s assets (or that weird gold dress that looked like it was made of coins). We also discovered that Shot at Love is a true educational experience. (If you haven’t yet been educated, you can watch the entire episode at MTV.com.)
So in this episode of The Lo-Down, you can find the following:
- Lessons about racism! Malinda rants about Shot at Love‘s Asian Fetish Moment #1.
- Lessons about music! Sarah delivers an impromptu song about office supplies, proving that musical inspiration is only one Post-It Note away.
- Lessons about gender! Malinda calls out Amanda, who disses on butches. Watch out, Amanda!
- Lessons about dating! Sarah and Malinda provide tips on dating that they culled from Shot at Love. ‘Cause we like to serve as much as snark.
- Plus, we bite the bullet and do our first full-on re-enactment (it comes at the end of the vlog). It involves hats and fake accents, and Malinda thinks it looks like a scene from Brokeback Mountain involving a Chinese coolie (that’s Malinda).
Last but not least, Sarah has a question for all of you readers out there: In light of next week’s episode of Shot at Love, which involves a pool party, what exactly do butches wear to the pool or the beach? Is the bikini top really appropriate for a butch? Tell us what you think in the comments!