Liz Smith of Variety reports that Marie Antoinette star Kirsten Dunst is considering the role of Debbie Harry in an upcoming Blondie biopic. We all know that Kirsten can cheer (Bring it On), tap (Drop Dead Gorgeous), and get Richard Nixon impeached (Dick), but can she sing, pout and vamp at the same time ala Harry?
Thanks to the popularity of Ray and Walk the Line, rock bio flicks are a hot new trend. This even seems to include some films about legendary female musicians! In addition to the Harry project, Zooey Deschanel will star in the Janis Joplin biopic The Gospel According to Janis, and Kristin Chenoweth is on board for the Dusty Springfield biopic. This is a good start, but we have a few other casting suggestions for projects weâ€™d like to see developed.
- Sugar In My Bowl: The Bessie Smith Story starring Queen Latifah
- Gold Dust Woman: The Stevie Nicks Story starring Michelle Williams
- Little Queens: The Heart Story starring Evanescenceâ€™s Amy Lee (Ann) and Avril Lavigne (Nancy)
- She Bops True Colors: The Cyndi Lauper Experience starring Drew Barrymore
- Jenny on the Block: The Jennifer Lopez Story starring Jennifer Lopez
Care to share your own biopic suggestions?