What’s in store for the third season of Glee? The premiere episode, “The Purple Piano Project,” has been screened for critics (and creator Ryan Murphy has personally given these same critics still more teases). But don’t read on if you want to be surprised!
Here’s some of what we can expect on Glee this season:
- In a plot development that will surprise absolutely no one, Blaine (Darren Criss) is moving from Dalton Academy (and the Warblers) to join Kurt at McKinley High. He also gets a “sexy” solo in the season opener.
- In a development that might surprise some people, Santana (Naya Rivera) is leaving New Directions (but unlike Sam, not necessarily forever!).
- The Glee Project runner-up Lindsay Pearce appears in the opener and has a “terrific” musical number.
- Project‘s Damian McGinty appears in episode four as a foreign exchange student
who has some kind of relationship with Brittany (Heather Morris).
Samuel Larsen won’t appear until episode ten or eleven (as a relative of Puck, which seems like reasonably good casting).
- Quinn (Dianna Agron) goes “rebel,” dying her hair pink, taking up smoking, and refusing to sing (something tells me this isn’t necessarily forever either!).
- The new boyfriend of Mercedes (Amber Riley) appears: Friday Night Lights’ LaMarcus Tinker.
What do you think? Are these good things or bad? (As always, please don’t put spoilers in your subject line!)