Pop quiz, hot shot.
1. Are you familiar with Felicia Day? [If yes, skip to question 5; if no, continue to the next question.]
2. Are you an MMO gamer? [If yes, skip to question 5; if no, continue to the next question.]
3. Are you a self-described geek? [If yes, skip to question 5; if no, continue to the next question.]
4. Are you a fan of cute girls dancing around in short skirts? [If yes, skip to question 5; if no, dude, why are you here?]
5. Are you going to press play? [Yes, the only answer now is yes.]
Online superstar and real-world actress Felicia has debuted her first music video, “Do You Wanna Date My Avatar.” In the video Felicia and her co-stars to promote their popular webseries The Guild, a comedy about a group of massively multiplayer online gamers. The result is a must-watch for anyone who loves Felicia, MMO, geeks and/or cute girls dancing around in short skirts. Seriously, you’re pressing play now, right?
Admit it, your inner nerd is totally jumping up and down and clapping.
Fans of Felicia’s have followed her through her stint as Potential Slayer Vi on the final season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Penny in Joss Whedon’s online musical Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog and Mag in the unaired “Epitaph One” episode of Dollhouse. Also, that’s her in those Sears ads.
But it’s her work on The Guild, which she both created and stars in, which has made her a bona fide internet darling. The series has had over 10 million views and Felicia herself has more than 1 million Twitter followers. And, as if to prove her online dominance once more, the “Do You Wanna Date My Avatar” debuted at No. 1 on iTunes yesterday, beating out the likes of Taylor Swift, Shakira and Michael Jackson.
So, are you ready to date those avatars?