The Wise Ass Gay Woman
Everyone has a favorite smart aleck. You know the type—those who are always first to the punch line and last to take anything seriously. While seemingly tricky to shop for, they’re sure to love anything you get them because, spoiler alert, jokesters are really just like teddy bears at heart. I mean, you’ve seen Ted, right? The trick is to figure out what makes the comedian smile.
1. Pee Wee Swag. Kayci Wheatley’s Etsy is home to not only a Pee Wee Herman throw blanket and clutch (WUT), but also a number of Freddie Mercury, Debbie Harry and Patti Smith umbrellas, totes and bowties. I love that story! ($30-$68)
2. Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened. If you’re unfamiliar with the website Hyperbole and a Half, dust yourself off from whatever rock you crawled out from under and check out Allie Brosh’s blog. Hyperbole and a Half began as some of Allie Brosh’s viral sketches and rants about spelling, dogs, cake and has since become a hilarious graphic novel. Filled with unfortunate situations, flawed coping mechanisms and mayhem, Brosh’s heartfelt stores about her struggles with depression and adulthood are perfect for your sensitively hilarious lady friend. ($11)
3. Grumpy Cat Costume. There’s a good chance that the funny lady in your life has an unhealthy obsession with internet memes. So why not enable them further by getting them into costume? I like to think the Grumpy Cat costume doubles as a Snuggie. ($80)
4. Celebrity Velvet Paintings. VELVET Dolly Parton, Diana Ross and Liza Minelli—oh my! Artist, Kii Arens, creates brilliant, one of a kind velvet paintings and band posters for all your not ironic but actually ironically funny needs. ($40)
5. Cuddle Shirts. There’s a good chance that your favorite wise ass doesn’t shy away from jokes even in the most intimate of moments. Show your support by allowing her to wear those thoughts loud and proud. DPCTED has an entire section of sarcastic cuddle shirts which, lez face it, is our favorite pastime. ($24.99)