MARCIA, MARCIA … MARCIA?
This week the internets were abuzz with tawdry rumors about a lesbian affair
that reportedly occurred between Maureen McCormick (Marcia) and Eve Plumb (Jan)
on the set of The Brady Bunch back in the day.
McCormick is in the process of writing her "tell all" memoir, Here’s
the Story, and someone "leaked" the story that the memoir would contain
information about their alleged dalliances. The lucky "news" outlet
that got the big scoop? The National Enquirer.
A "source" told the Enquirer:
The most explosive comments will be how the then-blonde, blue-eyed cutie developed a crush on Eve Plumb, which led to some sexual play. This book will certainly come as a shocker. While Maureen is not a lesbian, she reveals there were some sexual hijinks going on behind the scenes. It’s bizarre because she played such a virginal character on the show.
That quote set off a firestorm of speculation, resulting in some unwholesome
- "Marcia Brady: I had sex with Jan" (miamiherald.com)
- "Maureen ‘Marcia Brady’ McCormick Reveals Lesbian Incest In New Tell All Book" (thespoof.com)
- "Marcia Brady aka Maureen McCormick Had Lesbian Sex With Jan!" (2snaps.tv)
But my favorites are from those wiseasses at Defamer:
- "A Very Brady Sapphic Awakening" (defamer.com)
- "No Non-Alice Lesbianism Behind The ‘Brady’ Scenes: Publisher" (defamer.com)
Naturally, it turns out that the rumors were untrue, and were eventually debunked by McCormick’s
publisher — but not until after they had benefited from a lot of free