Oh heeeeey ladies! Just dropping in to give you my two cents on what the fashion forward femme in your life might be secretly hoping for this Holiday season. Don’t cut a bitch while out hunting for something that might be sub-par; instead, follow my advice and order her gifts from the comfort and safety of whatever device you might choose to do so on. p.s. Amen to Amazon being the fastest check out process of all time!
1. Bill Cunningham New York. This is an excellent and interesting choice for the fashion enthusiast in your life. She will surely love soaking up such an awesome film about an icon of the beauty industry. ($20)
2. Le Labo parfum. I recently went to NYC and on the rounds of shopping, tucked away on Prince Street in Chelsea a small store beckoned. Now, I’m not saying that I’m not stoked on Nicki Minaj’s new perfume venture but if I want a fragrance that I can say with confidence is one of the best I have ever owned, I would snag one from Le Labo. The scents are broken down by elements of a single note. I found that I liked layering Jasmin 17 and Ambrette 9, but either on their own are amazing. My wife is a fan of Bergamote 22, just in case your lady happens to like something a touch muskier as opposed to the before mentioned florals. ($58-$220)
3. Oversized sweaters. In most places of the U.S. this time of year it gets at least a little chillier (for some of you, a lot chillier) and the best discovery on the planet for staying on trend and remaining warm and toasty are the oversized sweaters. Their creation has made the dream of wearing things that feel like pajamas but look like tied together ensembles a reality. To have a few lying around to throw on over tights or leggings and not have to actually think about looking cute is like a winter wonderland in and of itself. This one by Top Shop is easy on the eyes as well as your wallet. ($96)
4. Spiked heels. When H&M starts exploiting a trend, you know that it has truly arrived. Spiked shoes in every variety have hit the pavement and you best be getting this lady some of her own. Chances are she’s already hot to the ticket but you and you alone can deliver the dream directly to her. I really like this particular pair by Jeffrey Campbell. You can basically hunt down just about any variety of kicks with a spike on it these days so find out whatever sort tickles her fancy and just go for it. ($209)
5. Travel wallet. Any stylish lady needs equally stylish accessories to compliment her and an especially beautiful one to receive would be this oversized “travel” wallet by Commes des Garcons. It makes a great classic clutch that can be used for nearly any occasion whilst keeping her things in perfect order. Think of it as gifting her the little black dress of organizers. ($365)
— Emily Hartl