The Totally Gay TV Nerdette
1. Likes Girls T-Shirt. Well, she does, doesn’t she? The “Likes Girls” T-shirt made famous by Dianna Agron on the Glee Live! Tour this summer is the perfect gift for any Totally Gay TV Nerdette. Also, it makes reading her intentions when going out really easy to read — no gaydar needed. ($26.95)
2. A Whole New World of Lesbian TV. Many lesbian TV fans aren’t aware of the wealth of lesbian TV available outside of the country. So let her know what she’s missing. From Bad Girls to Lip Service, Tierra de Lobos to Los Hombres de Paco, Hand aufs Herz to Lost Girl, there’s a lot of gay gal action happening if you embrace an international attitude. Make her a passport to a few (DVD/Blu-Ray sets available for some and some streaming/downloading options available) of your favorites and plan a marathon night. ($40-$60)
3. Ultimate Shipper Gift Basket Pick three items that mean something to her favorite TV lesbian couple and make up a special gift basket. A few example:
For Brittana lovers: A pair of pom poms, a bottle of bubble bath, a Rainbow Dash plushie.
For Rizzles lover: A pair of handcuffs, a tuna salad lunch pack, a hers & hers wine/beer glass set.
For the Willow/Tara lover: An extra flamey candle, a body painting kit, a Kitty Fantastico.
For the Naomily lover: A box of Garibaldi biscuits, a bottle of Pinot Grigio and a pair of WWII Royal Air Force goggles. Or an orange LML Star 125 DLX scooter — if you’re rich.
4. The L Word: Complete Series DVD Set. Please, like you don’t sometimes just want to curl up in bed, mix a gallon of martinis and just watch Bette, Tina, Shane, Alice, Jenny et al talking, laughing, loving, breathing, fighting, crying, drinking, riding, winning, losing, cheating, kissing, thinking, dreaming – and especially f—ing. Hey, that’s what the fast forward and rewind buttons were made for, kids. ($89.99)
5. PaleyFest 2012 Tickets. One of the biggest annual events for fans of quality TV, the festival honors television shows and brings together cast and crew for interesting panels and fan interaction. This year, the event will be March 2 to 14 in Beverly Hills. A full line-up isn’t available yet but the first three participants have been named: Modern Family, Mad Men and American Horror Story. That means you could see Christina Hendricks and Elisabeth Moss, Sofia Vergara, Julie Bowen and Connie Britton. Tickets go on sale Dec. 8. ($15-$75)